This is Gang Yan (燕刚).
I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at SUNY-Binghamton University (USA). Prior to this, I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Statistics in 2016 and Master’s degree in Statistics in 2019 from Nankai University (China). Throughout my academic journey, it has been an honor to be advised by Prof. Changliang Zou and Prof. Jian Li. Their guidance and expertise have been instrumental in shaping my research and academic pursuits.
High-Performance Network Optimization, Cloud and Edge Computing, Distributed Machine Learning and Federated Learning, Attack and Defense in Distributed Systems. Skill at C++, Python, R, Java, AWS, ATS and SQL.
News and Updates
- 07/2023:[Service] I will serve as a Program Committee member (PC) for AAAI 2024.
- 06/2023:[Internship] Have been offered an internship opportunity at AT&T Labs.
- 05/2023:[Paper] Our paper “CriticalFL: A Critical Learning Periods Augmented Client Selection Framework for Efficient Federated Learning” accepted to ACM SIGKDD 2023 (acceptance rate: 22.1%).
- 12/2022:[Paper] Our paper “Reinforcement Learning for Dynamic Dimensioning of Cloud Caches: A Restless Bandit Approach” accepted to IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.
- 12/2022:[Award] Received the Student Scholar Award from AAAI 2023.
- 11/2022:[Paper] Our paper “DeFL: Defending Against Model Poisoning Attacks in Federated Learning via Critical Learning Periods Awareness” accepted to AAAI 2023 (acceptance rate: 19.6%).